Monday, September 14, 2009

Crying baby

Well that didn't go too badly. Miss Z seems to be getting the going to sleep thing which is amazing. I had visions of myself bouncing a teenager on a swiss ball to get her to sleep, or having to share a bed with Miss Z when she starts uni. She woke up three times 9.30pm, 12.30 and 4.00 which is a great improvement and I got her back to sleep, after a quick feed, back in her cot with no tears or meltdowns. At 4.30 she woke up again and needed to come back to sleep next to me but that is just so much better than before. I hope that she will decide that she doesn't need the feeding all by herself as I can't possibly cope with night weaning her at the same time as sleep training. At least I am getting my side of the bed all to myself and it is bliss. We have a fancy new mattress as well so it is comfy as well and luxurious.

I realise that this is a mommy blog, which for any readers who remember my old blog isn't really me, but since I stopped working recently my life is my baby. I don't like it much but I just have to get on with it until I find a suitable part-time job. I am thinking about starting up a bit of a consultancy but you need lots of time and dedication to succeed in a small business, and also lots of confidence neither of which I have. The way work got rid of me after my return from maternity leave just shattered me for a while. But I am starting to feel a bit better and have seen a good volunteering opportunity nearby that I can do with Miss Z which is a start.

No comments:

Post a Comment