Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Crafty me

I can't believe that after so many years of being staunchly anti-craft I have become slightly obssessed with the idea of sewing.

Just the idea of sewing at the moment as I don't have a sewing machine but enough that I am obssessively looking at patterns, going into my local material shops and bidding like crazy on ebay to get a sewing machine. I have also booked into a basic sewing class, which takes me through exciting things like threading a bobbin etc. The first and only sewing project I have ever made was an apron in Year 8. It was a very nice apron and I didn't make a terrible job of it but I was never a Home Economics type kid at school.

Do you think it is a symptom of me being a SAHM at the moment? My first inspiration was making little Miss Z some outfits - like how hard can it be. Baby clothes are ridiculously expensive. I was in a local top end clothes store and they were selling baby skirts for $75. There was barely any material in it. People are just having a laugh.

Seriously, how hard can this be?













$90! For a one year old.

1 comment:

  1. Haha! You've been bitten by the craft bug! I've always made stuff, but I've gotten into sewing again because I want stuff that I can't afford to buy...

    Mind you - that flower thing on that dress looks pretty tricky to me!!

    ReplyDelete