Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Other peoples kids

Yesterday I was in the library and was reading little Miss Z a book. Another child came up to us and said hello and then wanted to read our book. She tried to take it out of my hands and I ended up having a book tussle with a four year old. Not my finest hour. I have been thinking about it and wondering if I should have given her the book, or should have held onto it or even if her Mum (who was right next to us) should have done a bit more. I ended up feeling like a big Mum type bully.

In other news my first craft project has gone quite well. I have made three gift bags and am really happy with them. I didn't have a pattern or anything but just started sewing. My first one I sewed the top together, which makes it very difficult to get any gifts inside, but the next two are beautiful. I am now going to make some big ones for xmas for the family and my next project is some cushions to brighten up the lounge room.

4 comments:

  1. Ooh - nice work on the craft project. We love the gifts you sent! I'm intrigued by the Indian Russian dolls - I've never seen them before! Did you make the gift bags? They're really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pleased you like the presents, the Indian russian dolls were just too cute and appropriate to pass by. Yes you have the first gift bags I have ever made, I hope that you can regift them. You may want to fancy them up though as you are so much more crafty than me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I'll be able to bring myself to regift - they're too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should have smacked the book grabber...and her Mum....



    ...(only joking)

    ReplyDelete