Tuesday, January 19, 2010

I freaking hate job interviews. Well I don't hate the interview per se because I have no problem chatting on about how awesome I am and how fab I am to work with. But I hate the waiting around afterwards to find out if I have got the job and I am currently waiting on two! One which promised to let me know BEFORE CHRISTMAS - I realise that this probably means that I haven't gotten the role but I did email to check and they said that they haven't made up thier minds yet. Come on people, how hard can it be. You either want to work with me or someone else as you advertised the role. So that means you know you want someone at least.

I also hate that job interviews aren't even about who has the best skills. I learnt that sometimes you just have to go with who feels right. So I can sell myself and my abilities but they may go for someone else who happened to wear red that day, or said a funny joke.

The one I went for yesterday I really, really want. So of course that means I won't get it. le sigh.

In other news I have three days of childcare for the beast, but no job to cover the costs. I just had to take the childcare and hope that a job would be forthcoming otherwise I will go back on the waiting lists. I have been on the waiting lists for over a year and have got only one day at any of the twelve local child care centres. The other days are with a family.

Having children makes life very difficult really especially since our beast woke up at 4.45 again this morning. Doesn't she know that sleep is good.

2 comments:

  1. best of luck with the job! i hope you get the latter one too as those people with their 'before xmas' nonsense are obviously completely useless and who would want to work for them anyway. bah. etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will get the job you want, KR. You just might not know that you want it yet.

    I have heard that children will always wake you up at 4:45 - when they're tiny that's when they wake up; when they're a little older that's when they come home.

    xx

    ReplyDelete