Monday, August 17, 2009

Wow - long time between posts

Its amazing how something like a blogging can come and go from your life. I used to love writing about things that were going on with me and trying to come up with witty anecdotes from my life.

Then I had a baby.

I thought that I would magically have all this time to waffle about what motherhood meant to me and hopefully meet other mum bloggers. God I was amazingly unprepared for what a baby meant. Especially my delightful little cherub, who went through a seven month period of not sleeping and also had serious seperation anxiety from five months. Whew that was tough. I think that we are coming out the other side now, and I have adjusted my expectations of what I can achieve when Z is awake and asleep.

A couple of things saved me:
- Ask Moxie - a blog that highlighted some of the issues that parents face and helped me feel like I wasn't totally alone. There were other babies out there who really didn't sleep and that there wasn't much I could do except whatever gets us through.
- Chatting to mothers - especially a delightful friend in Brisbane who really made the effort, just when I needed to know I wasn't all alone. Hugs to you.

I will see how I go but I think I may be back, bitches.

1 comment:

  1. Awww love, you're definitely not alone!! We've had a couple of crap nights in a row - Mr McGillicuddy has decided sleep is for the weak again! Sigh.

    ReplyDelete